Microsoft released impressive earnings for the first quarter. The company experienced growth across all business divisions, the Xbox and Nokia numbers are especially positive.
Here are the highlights:
- Revenue: $23.2 billion (up from $18.53 billion last year)
- Nokia contributed $2.6 billion up from $1.99 a quarter earlier
- Total Xbox sales were 2.4 million, a 102% increase
- Surface revenue was $908 million
- Cloud revenue increased by 128%
- Office 365 subscribers grew by 25% to 7 million
Solid numbers across the board and the fact that Nokia is not only growing again but was contributed positive gross margins is impressive.
The Xbox one console launched in 28 new countries during the quarter which will help to continue the growth in this segment.
Last but not least it is worth pointing out that tablet sales is approaching the $1 billion mark which was led by demand for the new Surface Pro 3.