Not long after Apple released the new iOS 8.0 users to reported a number of issues. Apple quickly released iOS 8.0.1 but that made things even worse. The main issue with the new update was a major one: the loss of cellular service. People also complained about not being able to use Touch ID, issues with third party keyboards and uploading images to apps. Apple quickly pulled the update and released a guide on how to downgrade to iOS 8.0:
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
- Back up your iPhone in iTunes on your Mac or PC. iCloud backups won’t restore to earlier versions, including iOS 8.0.
- Download the file below that corresponds to your device:
- iPhone 6
- Select the file you just downloaded by doing one of these in iTunes:
- Mac: Press the Option key and click Check for Update.
- Windows: Press the Shift key and click Check for Update.
- Press Update to install iOS 8 on your iPhone.
- The Health app won’t work in iOS 8 after these steps. It will be fixed in our upcoming iOS 8.0.2 software update.
Apple promised to come out with iOS 8.0.2 in the coming days to fix original issues and also enable the Health app to work again as it doesn’t after you have downgraded.
The Tech Globe was amongst the first to report on users complaining about bending iPhone 6 devices, the issues with iOS 8 has cast a shadow over the record sales numbers of the iPhone 6. Apple stock declined 3.81% today.