Dremel has announced a 3D printer which they call the most user-friendly device on the market.
The printer comes with 3D models and a simple design tool to help users with the building process. The Dremel 3D Idea Builder went on sale online this week and is priced at $999.
- Intuitive print software for simple customization of 3D models
- Pre-installed extruder for fast out-of-the-box use
- Print-ready model portfolio provided by Dremel and Autodesk to kick start the building process
- World-class product support and mentorship via the Dremel Experts
- Full color touch screen and onboard print software for stand-alone operation when needed
- Fully enclosed for reduced noise and protected object building
- Active cooling fan prevents warping of objects while they are built
- Best-in-class print resolution (100 micron) for fine printing detail
- Large, removable build platform for larger prints and projects
According to research firm Gartner, 3D printing is evolving rapidly, although many technologies are still five to 10 years away from mainstream adoption. Consumer adoption will be outpaced by business and medical applications that have more compelling use cases in the short term. You can read more about the Gartner prediction here.