Nokia said last month that the Lumia 520 was the most sold smartphone in the entry-level segment with 12 million registered users.
Now Nokia is looking to further grow their market share and with the release of the Nokia 130 they seem to have created an entirely new market segment.
The phone which was announced today will only cost $25 and with that it is an option for users that are looking for a secondary phone without breaking the bank. Even more though this phone is going to be a hit in emerging markets no doubt.
Here are the key features:
- 1.8” colour screen, distinctive Nokia design with inherent colours
- Mp3 player, video and FM Radio (headset required)
- Support for up to 32GB external storage.
- Share content via Micro SD or Bluetooth with SLAM.
- Up to 13 hours talk time
- Up to 36 days standby time
It is going to be available in black, red and white. In a few month time Nokia is also going to make a Dual SIM version available.
Check out the official Nokia 130 video: