The Google I/O developers conference is starting this week, Google already made an announcement in regards to an updated version of Google Glass.
Here is how they have upgraded the device:
- They doubled RAM from 1 to 2 GB
A welcome upgrade as many users of the first version have complained that the 1 GB was not sufficient. Once you booth the Android OS only 682 MB will be free and that is filled up pretty quickly with some apps.
- Additional Google Now cards
Google glass now reminds you where you parked your car and if any packages are coming your way.
- Battery life has improved by 20%
- Voice search is 10% faster
- A number of new apps have also been launched. Runtastic, Goal.com, musiXmatch are a few of them. You can find the complete list of new Glassware here.
The innovation continues but a lot of people are still concerned about the product when it comes to privacy. Earlier this year research firm Toluna conducted a poll and found that 72% of Americans have privacy concerns.
Being hacked was the biggest fear and those questioned also had concerns about being distracted while using the device or being mugged.